Sunday 23 August 2015

GRWM: BALL EDITION

Get ready with me!

Who doesn't love getting dressed up? 

Keep reading for all my tips and tricks as well as all the products I used to achieve this look. 






MAKE UP

It's not everyday I get to do a look like this so I wanted to create a look that was vastly different to my everyday makeup and also do this statement of a dress justice! 


Face

1. Foundation
After moisturising my face, I applied Estee Lauder Double Wear Light in 'Intensity 03' with a Real Techniques buffing brush.

2. Concealer
For more coverage I then applied Estee Lauder Double Wear concealer in Medium to underneath my eyes & tops of the cheeks using a Real Techniques base shadow brush. Then using Laura Mercier Secret Concealer in 2.5 to brighten more right underneath the eyes. 

3. Contour & Blush 
To contour & bronze I used the Sleek Face Form palette  using a Real Techniques duo fibre contour brush. I also used the subtle blush in the same palette for some colour & not overpower the smokey eye. 

4. Highlight 
For highlight, I used my favourite MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Soft & Gentle on the tops of my cheekbones & on my brow bone using the same brush. 

5. Powder 
I dusted the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light using a Real Techniques duo fibre powder brush to make it last all night! 


Eyes

1. Base
Used my finger to prime my eyes with the Urban Decay Primer Poison  on the top & bottom. Don't want all that hard work blending to go to waste!
Too Faced Shadow Insurance or NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base  are also great alternatives.

2. Eyeshadow
I started with Buck (a light brown a shade or two darker than my skin) from the Urban Decay Naked palette ABOVE the crease and winging out slightly as a transition colour as well as all the way underneath the eye - don't be scared to go quite far down as remember this is a transition colour and will help blending the darker colours using the the brush from the UD palette.  I also used Bellasima (a slightly darker taupe colour) from the NARS And God Created the Woman palette to deepen where I put Buck, above the crease and underneath the eye with the same brush.

I then used the Laura Mercier Caviar Stick in Jungle, a gorgeous deep green colour, all over the lid up to the crease, not winging out too much. Then using a Real Techniques deluxe crease brush to slowly blend this out. It is best to do one eye at a time as this product does set! I also dotted it underneath the eye and blended it out.

Then using the other end of UD palette brush I took Night Clubbing from the Nars palette, a green black colour with slight glitter specs running through, and packed on the colour on the outer corner of my eyes creating a wing shape. Slowly adding colour and then blending with the deluxe crease brush. Be patient with your blending!! Also run this colour underneath the eyes to balance the look.
Repeat this until you are happy with the amount of colour! You can also use your transition colours to help with the blending out of this colour. 

3. Eyeliner
I then used Clarins Waterpoof Eye Pencil in black to tight line bottom and top. I also ran it on the top to add more definition to the top lash line and wing, and join the bottom to the wing, blending with a Real Techniques accent brush.

4. Mascara & Lashes 
Two coats of mascara with YSL Babydoll in black top and bottom. I wanted inbetween coats so I could really build up the volume.

What would a dramatic smokey eye without some lashes huh? Well that and I have poor excuses of eyelashes. I used four Ardell individual lashes on the outer half on each eye, and then a bit more mascara to blend the lashes to mine. 


Brows
1. I used a dark brown eyeshadow with an angled brush to fill and shape my brows.
2. I used Benefit Gimme Brow gel in dark medium to set them. 


Lips
Making sure my lips are moisturised beforehand, I chose Nars Satin Lip Pencils in the shade Descanso - which is sadly limited edition but, of course, any nude that suits your skin tone will do. 



HAIR

After envisioning an epic smokey eye, I felt the look needed a simple & no-fuss hair do. 


1. Using a comb make a very straight centre part. 

2. Section your hair and  starting from the bottom straighten small sections. A tip is to use small sections that way the heat can be easily applied and straightened. 

3. Apply small amounts of gel evenly everywhere except for the pony tail. 

4. Pull hair tight into a low pony tail using a comb to smooth the hair down. 


OUTFIT

Shona Joy dress 

Tony Bianco heels 

*Jewellery & bag are vintage 



Leanne xx


Photo credits: Jordan Lee 




*These images have not been retouched

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...